OpinionJungle’s Privacy Notice
No information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register with OpinionJungle or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that anyone under 13 has provided us personal information, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us.Parental participation. Anyone under 18 years of age must first obtain their parents permission before sending any information about themselves to OpinionJungle or to anyone else over the Internet. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices. The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at opinionjungle.com. The types of information we gather includes:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain features of the Website or obtain certain services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your experience, improving our systems, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses opinionjungle.com.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from opinionjungle.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to the account information you provide. Information we receive from other sources may or may not be accessible by you.
- Financial Information: To the extent that we receive financial information, such information will be treated in accordance with our Financial Information Notice.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide certain features.
Does OpinionJungle Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business. We share customer information as described below:
- We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, these businesses request OpinionJungle to conduct specific consumer research, such as product or service reviews. In other cases, these businesses request more generic, existing information. In either case, OpinionJungle provides the requested information in aggregate, filtered form to remove personally identifiable information, such as name and/or username. However, any personally identifiable information that you embed in reviews or other comments you provide, may not be filtered to remove such personally identifiable information.
- Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name or address.
- We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity we will provide the requested information to law enforcement or other governmental officials. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and website activity.
- Should we plan certain transactions with other business entities, such as mergers or acquisitions, we may share information with other business entities.
- With your permission, we may send personally identifiable information to businesses or other entities. For example, businesses may wish to conduct focus groups and/or survey studies and may wish to compensate participants.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect your password and your computer against unauthorized access. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- Your information is generally stored and processed on our servers located in the United States. In some cases, we may store and/or process personal information outside your country.
- We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site.
Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications with, or through, OpinionJungle will always remain private.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our Website may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?OpinionJungle gives you access to a range of information about your account and your interactions with opinionjungle.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of opinionjungle.com features.
- You can add or update certain information on some pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit opinionjungle.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our TERMS and CONDITIONS, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Texas. If you have any concern about privacy at opinionjungle.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the TERMS and CONDITIONS will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Our most current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account, as well as all future information we collect.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated address information from third parties, which we use to correct our records; account information, product or service review information, and page-view information; search term and search result information; search results and links; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.